CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Rocky's Journal Update April 5th

I like sharing the recliner with a human. So, while I lay here relaxing why don't you take a look at what I've been up to this week.

I've decided to let the girls join me for meals. Well, that's not really true. I have to be coaxed to join them. And while they take their time eating, I gobble mine up in seconds. I know I could win a eating contest with my speed.

It was a really nice day today, so outside I went. But I really prefer to be inside and lay on the recliner or in a lap.

Rocky is geting a little more confident, but still prefers to check in.


I'm still skittish with strange noises, and this kid behind us playing basketball doesn't help, but having the girls around and the human does give me some comfort. Now if only my tail would agree :o)

OMG! A kenneled country dog wearing a coat. I'm turning into a YUPPIE dog. I do have to admit though, when you have to go out to do your business, it sure beats getting all wet.




So that's it for this week. Come back next week and maybe I'll have more pictures to share. Or better yet, adopt me and take new pictures with your family. Now that sounds COOL!

See ya next week.
Rocky


Not so quick there Rocky. I have a few things to tell these nice people too. Hi. I'm Rocky's foster mom and while he gave you some insight as to how his week went, I'd like to fill you in on the the rest of the story. He failed to mention that he is making small strides in his comfort zone. And, while he does like to lay in your lap, if you tell him off and lead him off the recliner, he'll pretty much stays off, at least for a while. He also has been sleeping in his own bed in a different room than us humans, as he calls us, with 2 other dogs and not a peep out of him all night.

He also has a super big bladder, because he has yet to tell me he needs to go out, I have to tell him!

He will go out, but it's usually by coaxing him. If I go out on the patio with him, he'll run off, again coaxing him, but comes back quickly.
He walks on a leash pretty good, but new noises does make him a little skittish, but then again, he has never heard them before, so it's understandable. He does like to do the "setter" walk when he sees a robin! He sneaks up on it really really slow.

Overall, this week has seen progress and I know next week we'll see more. It's just baby steps to us, but it's giant steps for him.

So, like Rocky said, stop by next week and see what he's done.

Thanks for stopping by.

0 comments: